Thursday, June 18, 2009

dreams

What are dreams? People often ask this question. It's cliché but once you really sit down and think about it, well, for me...once I sit down and think about it, I can never find the answer...

Why do we have dreams? Why do we sometimes have these images which play through like a film reel? There's never a concrete answer to why we have these blips whenever we sleep.

The other day I had a dream. Someone familiar. They did not share the same face. None of their appearance too. But I knew who that person was. I knew so well. I felt upset. Sad. To think that I would be bothered in my sleep was even more annoying.


I would never want to dream of something like that again. I have forgotten abou it yet, at the back of my mind I know these things slowly resurface. It's slowly growing into my dreams. Making its presence felt. Wanting me to acknowledge its existence.

Eventually I talked about it to a friend. I never intended to let it out but I don't know why I did. It was something that happened without me realizing it. It didn’t cross my mind to think before speaking. The topic just came out and I just went on and on. Once I started the ball rolling, there was no way to stop it till it was finished.

My initial dream suddenly shifted to another scene. This time the (second) dream was more of current affairs. It was something I anticipated. The funny thing is that the events that take place in dreams are always wierd. And everything always feels real, no matter how awkward or how terrifying.


No comments:

Post a Comment