Tuesday, June 23, 2009

between angels and insects

A roach just entered my room as a result of my plan backfiring. I noticed this roach under the stairs (which is also a store room) of my house. Just staying put. I was playing with my cat, Miki when i decided to test his hunting abilities.

You see, my mom was fed up with all of our cats pissin around that she warned us never to let any of the cats enter the house. That was three months ago already. By now Miki's hunting skills should have shot through the roof (Miki is in his teenage-hyperactive age).

Standing in the dark corner..lonely roach, and look who just entered the ring! Miki MkII.

Miki was fast, he was furious, he was fast and furious. Magnificent. A cat's agility is something truly amazing to watch. But a prey's will to survive must not be neglected. Mr lonely roach proved to me that when you're in the face of danger, which concerns life and death, if you will to live is strong, you can pull through.

The first thing roachie did was to use its advantage of its size. Roachie went beneath the store room's door. This way, without proper techniques to fish out the prey, Miki wasn't a threat at all. Soon after failing time and time again, the hunter will get bored of the situation and just leave. Me lonely roach was a smart fella. The roach didn't even budged a muscle under that store room door. No matter how close Miki's claws were to roach's legs, the prey ramained motionless. Now I see the beauty of National Geographic documentaries.

I admit I was getting restless myself. After all I am Miki's coach in this little test. I moved the store room door to expose Mr roach! There it goes! Mr roach was running for it's life! This was the second time I was amazed of the will to survive.

Mr Roach ran close to the wall, as if searching for a place to sneak under and found the door to my room. I opened the door to make way for Miki. We lost that damn roach!

I was disappointed. So much hope for the first few minutes, then Miki crumbled to it's opponent. It was like watching the devils succumbing to defeat at the hands of the reds. I was hurt. So deep, like a cut.

I ushered Miki out of the house for him to rest and think about the mistakes made and how to overcome and turn it to strengths. I on the other hand am stuck in my room with Mr roach (now he is officially not lonely-I'm here to keep it company) waiting for it to show up.

When you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.

Then I thougth to myself; "what if Mr roach has it's payback while I lay on the bed, completely defenseless once I sleep?"...Shit pushed in big time, ese~ no doubt!

But at the far end of my brain, I hear a voice; "let's think optimistically, ya?" If it were intended to be, I'd long been attacked in my sleep by any insect or bug small enough to pass under my room door.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the flies killing plot you had by using a rubber band

    ReplyDelete